Event Management and Marketing
L.I.C/ ASTORIA NY 11102
Event coordinator Assistant
Renaissance Event hall , the premier award winning event space in Long Island City, NYC, is offering a six (6) month credit based internship for creative, multi-tasking and self-motivating individuals interested in events planning, marketing and management. Internship can lead to a permanent position.
The Renaissance is an event space catering to residents of the new york metropolis, providing space for upscale private events such as weddings/receptions, bar/bat mitzvahs, sweet sixteen and debutante parties, birthday parties, corporate events/parties, etc.
The interior design award winning space features a full bar, state of the art sound system and a projector with an automated drop down screen for private screenings or corporate presentations.
Renaissance Event hall is conveniently located just a few minutes from midtown Manhattan and the Triboro (RFK) bridge in the Astoria/long island city area of queens, making it a perfect choice for any event, a great alternative to the hustle and bustle of busy Manhattan.
interns will be responsible but not limited to the following:
- planning of events such as weddings/receptions, bar/bat mitzvahs, sweet sixteen and debutante parties, etc
- ordering for all events
- attendance of industry shows and fairs
- writing of proposals to be presented to potential clients
- creative marketing and public relations
- social media (facebook, twitter, yelp etc) marketing updates
the learning objective of this internship is an initiative by renaissance event hall which includes:
- planning: you will partake in the planning of various events and acquire the knowledge of the the step by step process needed to make such events successful
- service: you will acquire an in-depth knowledge of the services provided by an events space, the competition and the resources needed to plan and deliver excellent events with exceptional service
- marketing: you will participate in public relations, marketing research and creatively design a campaign to reach target market
- proposals: you will provide suggestions for improvement based on personal observations, experience and research
- management and maintenance: you will gain an insight to the day to day management and maintenance of a busy event space and what it takes to make it run smoothly
this is an unpaid credit based internship, as in time spent can be put towards academic credits
how to apply
Interested candidates please send an email to email@example.com with the word 'internship' in the subject line, please attach a resume if available.
Candidates can also apply in person at:
Renaissance Event hall
27-34 21st Street
Long Island City, NY 11102
Phone: +1718 274 9210