Business Service Program Manager
The Queen’s Chamber of Commerce seeks a Business Services Program Manager to support the development and execution of a wide range of business services including the development and administration of business workshops, seminars, one to one business support, neighborhood-based support and outreach, and program marketing. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a setting that highly values the diversity of Queens neighborhoods, and can interact with businesses of all sizes and stages. The candidate must be comfortable working out in the community alongside locally-based organizations, and be confident in their ability to engage, interact with, and support a variety of stakeholders.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work alongside Chamber staff and consultants to create, embed, and enhance a wide range of business service programming across all areas of business operations.
- Identify and connect with businesses in need of support, with a specific emphasis on MWBE’s, veteran-owned businesses, and LGBTQ-owned businesses.
- Support the development of and lead a neighborhood-based focus/strategy to engage community businesses across all of Queens, with an emphasis on neighborhoods currently underserved by business support programming.
- Identify and partner with collaborative organizations such as other not-for-profits, Business Improvement Districts, and community-based organizations that can support the delivery of direct services to business.
- Create and develop intakes for all business served; conduct intake and needs assessment to understand the range of services a business may need.
- Accurately track and manage all data relating to business and employment services.
- Work closely with Chamber staff and consultants to build its internship program, including cross-departmental coordination of businesses in need of interns.
- Participate in Chamber events including workshops, seminars, and networking activities.
- Experience in business services, urban planning, business to business solutions, or other similar field required.
- Experience engaging and providing solutions to businesses, particularly SME’s at all stages and sizes.
- Awareness and sensitivity to the disparate needs of business across multiple sectors, and an understanding of the types of sectors growing in Queens.
- Ability to build relationships and trust with a wide range of people and business types
- An understanding of the challenges and opportunities faced by MWBE’s, LGBTQ, and veteran-owned businesses.
- An understanding of both public and private small businesses available to businesses
- Experience supporting small businesses with growth related solutions such as business financing, contracting with government/procurement, hiring and training, among others.
- Bi-ligual or multilingual candidates strongly preferred.
- Evenings and weekends required, as needed, to perform key job functions.
Please send a resume, writing sample, and two recent professional references to:
No phone calls, please. Only qualified applicants will be contacted regarding this opening.
The Queens Chamber of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and welcomes and encourages diversity to our team; we encourage any and all candidates, regardless of race, gender or gender identity, color, military status, physical disability, age, or other identified status, to apply.