The Branch Manager is accountable for day-to-day operations of the branch and working with the Branch Assistant Manager with managerial, and administrative functions. Maintains communication between staff and the Savings Officer. Provides support, guidance, and training to staff.
- Monitors and supervises office activity, including but not limited to tellers, customer service representatives, safe deposit boxes, branch maintenance, branch equipment and branch cash on hand.
- Schedules, supervises, and motivates branch staff in an effort to maintain optimal customer service satisfaction levels.
- Maintains knowledge of the Bank’s products and services in order to efficiently train and motivate staff to cross-sell.
- Provides training to staff in regard to operations and policies.
- Assists in evaluating staff’s work performance by helping to prepare and deliver annual reviews and performing coaching sessions.
- Monitors quality of service for customers, and ensures that employees are maximizing opportunities to sell products.
- Maintains control over audit procedures to ensure compliance with controls. If weaknesses are identified, reports them to the Savings Officer.
- Assists in ensuring that the branch is in compliance with federal laws and regulations set forth by the Comptroller of Currency and other regulatory agencies.
- Assists in managing the security and safety of the branch, by analyzing security and safety policies and procedures. Alerts staff of any changes.
- Represent and promote the Bank within the community.
- Completes projects on a timely basis as assigned by management.
- May perform duties of customer service representative, teller, or other operational positions on an as needed basis.
- Resolves customer complaints as they occur.
- Performs other various duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least five years of experience in branch operations
- Bi-lingual Chinese / Cantonese / Mandarin required
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Must be able to sit, walk or stand for extended periods
- Must be able to travel to branch locations and for business related matters