The Storage Consultant (SC) is often the first point of contact for anyone calling or visiting a Treasure Island Storage (TIS) facility. As such, they must have strong knowledge of TIS products, services, and procedures, in order to solve problems within their scope of authority and provide outstanding service to both internal and external guests at all times. SC’s also play a large role in maintaining TIS standards in their buildings at all times while on duty. The SC also supports the GM in the execution of various other duties, plans, and projects and, in the event of the GM’s absence, he or she assumes primary responsibility for the facility’s overall operations. Below is a list of position requirements and the primary duties of the SC:
- Provide exceptional service to all guests, internal and external
- Proactively solve problems
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Achieve or exceed all goals as directed by the GM, VP of Operations, and the VP of Sales and Marketing
- Make decisions that support the business while balancing the needs of individual guests
- Learn all aspects of the business
- Process payment transactions for guests accurately and properly account for all receipts at the end of each shift to ensure zero variance
- Adhere to assigned work schedule
- Use and maintenance of all supervisory logs (vendor, package acceptance, etc.)
- Learn and follow the Sales Process to maximize revenue and provide an exceptional experience for all guests.
- Properly schedule and execute guest follow-up actions (existing and prospective guests)
- Properly complete the check-in process, ensuring that all rental paperwork completed by guests is accurate and all rental requirements have been met
- Complete any other tasks or duties as assigned by the GM
The four most important professional skills for this position are:
- Communication Skills
- Work Ethic
The four most important content skills for this position are:
- Organization Skills
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
Language Skills: Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules, operating and procedural manuals, and maintenance instructions in English is required.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems, new challenges and change is necessary.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Regular attendance at the assigned location is required.
Minimum Education and Background Requirements
- 2-4 years of college preferred
- Successful candidates will have intensive experience in a high-volume retail or hospitality environment